Terms & Conditions
Welcome to jewishboca.org and chai-wire.org. By continuing to browse and use these websites, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
We reserve the right to update or change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the most current version on the sites. Your continued use of the sites after we post any such changes signifies your agreement to them. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must discontinue using jewishboca.org and chai-wire.org.
By using these sites, you also agree not to:
- Harvest or collect contact information of other users from the sites by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited communications
- Use the sites in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the sites
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the sites
- Users of these sites must be 13 years of age or older; by accessing the site, you are certifying that you are at least 13 years old.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- It shall be users’ own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through these websites meet your specific requirements. We are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content, nor do we endorse such content. You acknowledge that you use the information or materials on these sites at your own risk, and that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors. We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These websites include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to access further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites or their contents. We bear no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
- Jewishboca.org and chai-wire.org contain material which is owned by or licensed to the Federation. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions, or by our prior written consent.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the Federations prior written consent.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
You understand that you are personally responsible for your behavior while on jewishboca.org and chai-wire.org, and agree to indemnify and hold the Federation, its affiliates, business partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind (including attorneys’ fees) that we may incur in connection with a claim in relation to your use of the sites, or your violation of either these Terms and Conditions, applicable law or the rights of any third party.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and will be interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to any choice of law provisions. You agree that, with the exception of injunctive relief sought by the Federation for any violation of our proprietary or other rights, any and all disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions, or your use of the websites shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the then-current rules of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) before an independent arbitrator designated by the AAA. The location of arbitration shall be Palm Beach County, FL USA.
Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County
9901 Donna Klein Blvd.
Boca Raton, FL 33428
At jewishboca.org/chai-wire.org, we are committed to protecting our users’ privacy online. While using our website, you do not have to identify yourself or divulge personal information.
Please note that our sites link to other websites. Jewishboca.org and chai-wire.org are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements for the other sites you visit.
If you choose to sign up for emails from the Federation and ChaiWire Community E-Magazine, we will ask you to provide us with your email address and zip code.
Should you choose to RSVP to a Federation event online, particular personal information will be needed to complete the transaction.
When an organization uploads information to the Community Calendar, it is with the understanding that this will be posted online and available for anyone visiting jewishboca.org or chai-wire.org to view.
Use of Information
When you submit information for an RSVP, we will collect the information required to complete the transaction. We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to or combine it with the information we collect through the sites. Committed to protecting your privacy online, we will not share this information with third parties.
We will use your email address to provide you news and information about the Federation and ChaiWire. To unsubscribe from our email list, simply click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and your name will be removed from that mailing list.
From time to time, we may engage the services of others to perform functions on our behalf, such as credit card processing, shipping or email distribution; we provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and require them to limit its use to such purposes. We also may share information whenever required by law, or in response to legal process, or when necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others.
We may collect technical information about your interaction with the sites, such as the IP address from which you visited.
A cookie is a tiny text file that is stored on your computer by a website. We cannot and do not access any information stored in a cookie by any websites other than our own, and our cookies do not contain any personal identifiable information. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are used on our sites, to analyze traffic and better meet visitors’ needs. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us otherwise. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of a website.
IP Addresses and Log File Data
We log IP addresses, which is the location of your computer or network on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We also use page hits in the aggregate to track the popularity of pages that people visit in order to improve the quality of the site. There is no personally identifiable information collected in our log files.
Information on Children
Because we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulations establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13.
Community Calendar User Guidelines
The Community Calendar is provided by the Federation for the purposes of scheduling and promoting events within the Jewish community.
The Federation will not review or edit every post to the Community Calendar, nor can Federation guarantee the integrity of such upload. We will do our best to review and take action quickly regarding any content deemed inappropriate. We are not responsible for content and conduct provided by external content providers or community members. Questionable content should be immediately reported via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Federation has the right but not the obligation to monitor or, without notice, edit or remove Community Calendar uploads, warn members, suspend accounts and cancel accounts to enforce the guidelines as deemed necessary. We also reserve the right to remove postings that are outside the intent of the Community Calendar, or if we believe that doing so will improve our site and the experience of our users.
Your Use of the Community Calendar indicates your agreement to observe the following guidelines:
- Only Jewish organizations’ events or events with Jewish content may be uploaded to the Community Calendar.
- Post an event only once, using thorough, accurate information; update the information as needed to remain current.
- Be sure to portray your organization or other community members professionally and as positive role models.
- Refrain from uploading any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials such as, but not limited to, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
- Refrain from uploading any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Do not plagiarize. Do not post copyrighted material downloaded from the Internet unless proper attribution is made and it remains in its original format.
- Do not attempt to use another’s account or create a false identity on the site.
- Do not make available on the Community Calendar any content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law. Avoid posting personal information about any other person or organization, even if that information is publicly available. You may post the public contact information for public figures, but you may not post anyone’s private information.
- Do not post material that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the site, or which may expose the Federation or its website users to any harm or liability of any type.
- Do not upload nude, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic or graphically violent messages.
- Do not upload any photos or videos.
- We are not responsible for what happens off the site. Always be cautious about what you read online and with whom and where you gather, and confirm information before attending an event.